1. Where Should You Use SPC Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
While SPC Floor is typically sold as a commercial flooring option, it’s really a great choice just about anywhere you need durable, waterproof flooring. Popular applications include:
Commercial & High-Traffic Areas. Particularly, commercial kitchens and bathrooms that see a lot of traffic and need a waterproof floor. It’s also extremely popular in grocery stores and other environments where spills happen frequently.
Kitchens. If you’re like me and your kitchen sees lots of traffic, you might consider going the SPC Floor. You can always purchase an anti-fatigue mat to place over the areas you stand the most for added comfort.
Bathrooms. Because of its waterproof capabilities, SPC luxury vinyl flooring is a great option for providing a gorgeous, realistic wood or stone look in your bathroom.
Basements. Basements are prone to flood and water damage so waterproof SPC flooring is a great option. Additionally, you typically don’t spend as much time standing in a basement so the lower resiliency isn’t a big drawback.
2. Who Should Choose Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Flooring?
Just kidding. Well, probably not. Chances are if you’ve made it this far and you’re still interested in what SPC floor has to offer, it’s probably a great fit for you.
Almost anyone can benefit from SPC floor waterproof features and durability. Here are a few types of people we highly recommend it to.
Business owners. Like I’ve mentioned, SPC floor luxury vinyl flooring is designed with business owners and commercial spaces in mind. It is the most durable waterproof vinyl flooring option on the market. And, its sharp looks keep your business looking modern and stylish.
Pet owners. We know pets can completely wreck a floor between accidents, nails and running, but SPC floor is built to handle it. It’s also less slippery on those little puppy paws than laminate options.
Homeowners with imperfect subfloors. One of the biggest selling points for SPC rigid core flooring is that you can install it over uneven subfloors. Save money and ditch the leveling company by using rigid core flooring.
DIYers. Most likely, you won’t need to rip out your existing subfloor. Just interlock and float your SPC vinyl floor over your existing surface.
Note: Rigid core can be installed over most uneven subfloors. If the imperfections are extremely large, some leveling may still be necessary.
3. SPC Luxury Vinyl Flooring Colors
You can find rigid core luxury vinyl flooring in just about every popular wood and stone color and look. You’ll see lots of trending grays as well as blonde, honey and espresso wood looks.
4. SPC Luxury Vinyl Flooring Installation
Good news! Just about every SPC luxury vinyl flooring option is extremely DIY-friendly. These tiles and planks feature a tongue and groove interlocking installation that allows you to easily click and lock the floor together just like traditional laminate.
Instructions vary from product to product, but here is an example of what a typical installation consists of.
1) Complete any necessary floor prep.
2) Place your first plank with the tongue side facing the wall. Press the end seam of the second plank into the end seam of the first plank, and then lock them together by laying the plank down. Continue working left to right.
3) Install the first plank in the second row by inserting the tongue into the groove of the plank in the first row. Continue through the process until all planks are installed.
4) Protect all exposed edges by installing wall molding and/or transition strips. Make sure that no plank will be secured in any way to the subfloor.
5. How To Cut SPC Luxury Vinyl Flooring
Another bonus about rigid core? Cutting the planks is super easy – you don’t even need any fancy tools. In order to cut your rigid core planks for installation, just follow these simple steps:
1) Mark the measurement then use a utility knife and straight edge to score the plank.
2) Turn the plank over and bend it back along the cut. Use your utility knife to cut the back in the same spot.
3) Voila! You’re done! Seriously.
6. Rigid Core Luxury Vinyl Flooring Reviews
Curious about what others think of rigid core vinyl flooring? Check out a couple rigid core luxury vinyl flooring reviews.
COR Etec Pro Plus Rigid Core Vinyl Planks
"We turned out basement into a family room. We were worried about potential flooding and our uneven concrete, but the experts at FlooringInc assured me rigid core was perfect for this. The floor looks amazing and it seems really durable!"
New Standard 2 Rigid Core Planks
"Absolutely gorgeous! We went with Tarboro and have been very pleased with our friend’s compliments as they see our new floor. Ready to entertain for the holidays so our family can see it too."
Ready to get started?