1. What Is The LVT Floor?
LVT floor is one of the best-selling products on the flooring market, and its applications in commercial facilities, hospitals and homes are growing rapidly. It not only squeezes the market share of other products in polyethylene flooring, but also squeezes the share of hardwood flooring and ceramic tiles as well as carpets.
2. What Is The Produce Process For LVT Flooring
1) PVC raw materials are mould by an internal mixer, then pressed and cut by a calendering machine into PVC sheets;
2) In the laminating machine, PVC board and glass fiber cushion film, colorful decorative film and wear-resistant film are pressed under certain pressure and temperature to make LVT laminated floor;
3) After glazing and tempering the water tank to cool and finalize the product. In the above production process, the three processes are discontinuous, and the output of each process is not matched. The output of the plate made by the mixer is high, but the output is low when the laminator presses the composite plate.
3. How Is LVT Floor Compared With Traditional Flooring？
1) LVT has important advantages for various ground materials. Compared with ceramic tiles, the two are comparable in terms of color, texture, resolution and simulation effects, but LVT is lighter, more flexible, warmer and more The pedal feels more comfortable and the price is lower, making it easier to install.
2) Compared with the wood floor, the visual effect is the same, but the LVT performance is much better, easy to maintain, not easily scratched by scratches, and the price is low, especially compared with the imported high-priced wood.
3) In the household sector, the market share of LVT growth mainly comes from floor leather, because the simulation effect of LVT is not comparable to floor leather.
4) Compared with laminate flooring, there are many similarities between the two, which are deliberately imitating natural materials, mainly wood, similar in size and size, and can be installed without glue. Laminate flooring is less expensive and more scratch resistant. However, the core layer of the laminate flooring is a fiberboard that is sensitive to humidity changes, and if it is not soundproofed, the sound is crisp and the LVT does not have these problems.
Therefore, LVT has been accepted by the commercial market, and laminate flooring has not yet been established there.
4. Some Disadvantages Of LVT
One of the characteristics of LVT is that it obviously conforms to its underlying surface, so any unevenness and undulation on the bottom layer will be revealed on the surface of the LVT, and it will be distorted, resulting in various defects, large area, lighter color. This problem is even more pronounced for products.
Another problem is the moisture in the bottom layer. All concrete contains moisture, which can adversely affect vinyl materials. The bottom layer must also be clean and free from all kinds of foreign objects.
Another important factor is the environment in which the floor is exposed. Internal stresses in the LVT can also cause instability in size and shape.
5. The Development Trend Of LVT?
There have been many different views on traditional LVT flooring. Some people worry that the WPC and SPC will cannibalise the traditional LVT market, especially for high-end LVT flooring. Market data show that multi-layer composite flooring is slowly taking up the market share of LVT lock flooring. With the enhancement of technology, practical design and comprehensive performance, multi-layer composite floor has become an obvious competitor of LVT floor.
Other experts are positive about the overall picture. They believe that the growth of WPC, SPC and other subcategories will only make LVT a more dynamic floor category, and will not lead to the fluctuation of LVT. Consumers and end users will have more options to meet their needs for flooring features, applications, and budgets.
In recent years, LVT (luxury vinyl tile, luxury polyethylene floor) has made remarkable progress in technology, selling well in the floor market, rapidly growing market share, and becoming a powerful competitor of the traditional floor industry. Therefore, its development trend is also worth the attention and research of wood industry personnel.